Monday, September 17, 2007

New Schedule

Well since we have entered the world of solids, we decided it was appropriate to extend time between feedings and wake time. Over the past month or so we have been slowly stretching feedings from 3 hours to about 3 1/2 hours apart and wake time to about 1 hour 45 minutesish. Today, we decided to dive right in and go for it! We stretched feedings to four hours apart which changed nap times slightly. UH OH...have I ever mentioned Jack is a slave to his nap schedule? Add that with the fact that his favorite thing to do is eat and we had a very CHALLENGING day. The only place he wanted to be was in my arms or at least have me an arms length away. So, needless to say, I didn't get much done today. We went from the jumpy seat to the activity center to the stroller to the play mat and then started all over again. Anything to keep his mind off of food and his crib. All in all, I think the new routine is going to work out well once we both get use to it. Wish me luck tomorrow!


2 comments:

Erin said...

Yikes! What does the book say, it takes 3 days to create a new sleep habit?? Two more days to go! Good luck! I am so glad you are paving the way! :)

Anonymous said...

Clay & Paula the picture are great wish we could have been there.
Nene & Grandaddy