
Well, I am eating my words. As soon as I posted my last blog entry yesterday, I heard a faint squeal which turned into a monstrous roar. It was about 49 minutes into Jack's afternoon nap and I thought we were in the clear. The intruder is usually very timely. Unfortunately, I was extremely wrong. And again, this morning's nap proved that the intruder is still lingering. After another day of "not so good" naps, I've decided to

treat this 45 minute intruder as a hunger issue and see if that helps. Jack will be dining on rice cereal for 2 feedings a day as opposed to just one. Maybe with a full tummy, Jack can make it through the unfortunate visit of the intruder. Before his afternoon nap, Jack took a full liquid feeding and then I offered him a bowl of rice cereal. Initially, I was unsure if he would be i

nterested because he normally does not eat solids at that time. Who was I kidding? Jack would eat a pizza if I gave it to him! So, of course, he ate the entire bowl. After looking very satisfied, we played together for a couple of hours, and then he settled in for his afternoon nap. He fell into a sound sleep as soon as his little head hit the bed. The

verdict is still out on whether the additional solid feeding will be a success or not. I have my fingers crossed though! A well rested baby is a happy baby at my house!
No comments:
Post a Comment