Monday, October 1, 2007

Making Music

Mondays are music days. Every Monday at 11:30 am Jack and I go to his music class. The time is perfect, right after his morning nap and lunch time feeding. He is always well rested with a full tummy which means he is alert, happy and spitting up everywhere! In music class we sing, dance and play instruments. The songs are fun...we practice the CD at home. The dancing is like an aerobic workout for me. And the instruments end up in Jack's mouth as opposed to making sounds. However, Jack has a great time. He squeals, smiles, and stares at the other music makers. The class has babies and kids that range in age from 4 months to 3 years old. Jack is obviously one of the youngest, but that doesn't deter him from participating. His favorite song is a Swahili tune called Sha-na-na-na. The song requires a lot of getting up and down...I think that is why he likes it so much...anything that makes Mommy work. Or it could be that Daddy sings it to him during diaper changes, bath time, and play time. After a wonderful time of music making, Jack and I made a quick stop at the grocery store. Still full of energy from music class, Jack smiled at everyone who made a trip to our buggy to greet him. I find with Jack that the simplest chores bring joy to my day... I love to see him meet strangers! All of that singing, dancing, and smiling can wear a baby boy out. So, Jack headed straight for his crib when we got home. And for those of you keeping up with our napping drama, I can say with confidence...GOODBYE INTRUDER! Naps are on schedule and Jack is happy and well rested again!


No comments: