
It's that time of week again...the day of the week when Jack and I meet Donna, baby Patterson, and pregnant Karen for lunch and whatever else we find to get into. Today the "whatever else" was a little outdoor shopping in the Vinings. It started with an outside table and a yummy Italian lunch. I pulled Jack's stroller right up to the table and he sat straight up waiting for his taste. Nothing on the menu for a baby, go figure, so luckily Mommy was prepared. I brought Jack a piece of watermelon...yes, Jack can eat watermelon. However, there is a trick to it. I found, which you may already know about, the best baby invention EVER! It looks like a lollipop with a mesh dome at the top. The food is placed in the mesh dome so baby can suck on it without getting a huge bite and choking. Is that fabulous or what? It was actually invented by a Dad who wanted his baby to try new foods, but was fearful of choking risks. Jack is in heaven when he gets his dime size piece of watermelon. And, even better, I can eat my whole lunch while he works on it...love it! After a lunch of pizza, salad, and watermelon we strolled and browsed through the adorable shops. Of course, we spent the majority of our time in a baby store...as if these spoiled babies need anything else!

But, it is so fun to look. I have found that I would rather buy for Jack anyday over myself..now, that is true love. Before we knew it, Jack was tired and maybe the pregnant lady was too because they both took a break in one of the store's glider rockers. For a moment they looked like they could be related with those beautiful big blue eyes. Karen got a small taste of what shopping with a baby is like and I got some hands free shoppping time. Soon she will be doing it herself...5 weeks to go! Upon leaving the store, Jack fell sound asleep in my arms. What a trooper...he made it through lunch and a little shopping. Jack isn't quite old enough to realize that he doesn't like shopping, so I'm going to enjoy his company while I can!
1 comment:
did you go in precious cargo?? how was it? love the pic of Jack sleeping...
Post a Comment