Saturday, October 13, 2007

Half Birthday

Today Jack is 6 months old. I can't believe he is already half of a year old. Wow, it is true...they do grow up so fast! Today wasn't exactly what I would have imagined his 6 month old birthday to be like. But, we tried to make it special despite his ear infection and the fussy mood he has been in. We celebrated early in the morning with a song, rice cereal, and a candle. I spent a lot of time holding Jack and telling him what his Daddy and I were doing 6 months ago on this day. I told him how I knew when he was coming, about arriving at the hospital, how surprisingly big he was, and a little about my surgery. I told him a lot about the first time I saw him and held him and then I asked him to please stop growing. I can't believe I said that after going through those first couple months. They seemed like an eternity back then and now it seems like I blinked my eyes and it was over. Then I thought about how much he has changed in 6 months. He can smile, squeal, babble, hold things, sit up, roll over, and even hug me. Oh, Jack's hugs....(sigh), those are the best. He wraps both arms around my neck and buries his face into mine...slobber and all..they are wonderful! How was I to know 6 months ago today, when I was holding him in the hospital, that things could get even better? I thought I loved Jack then....6 months proved me wrong...I REALLY love him now! I can't imagine how I will feel on his one year birthday. In honor of 6 fabulous months, here are 6 things I love about my "Half Birthday" Baby:

1. the way he smells after a bath
2. his one tooth smile
3. his squeal when Cosby walks into the room
4. how his eyes get big and his arms flail when I hit play on the CD player as he anticipates the start of the music
5. his belly laugh when I tickle him in just the right spot
6. his slobbery two handed hugs


No comments: