Tuesday, September 18, 2007

Three Ladies, Two Babies, & A Belly

Today Jack and I went to the Virginia Highlands for lunch. We met pregnant Karen, Donna, and baby Patterson. For the past month we have been meeting them once a week, alternating houses. It's kind of like a play date, except Patterson and Jack aren't quite old enough to play and Karen's baby, Wesley Kate, isn't born yet. Never the less, we still meet, I get to talk to adults and Jack gets to do "Jack things", like squeal, grab everything in sight, squirm, and basically make it hard for me to eat. I took a picture of the three babies that attend, (it is above), I think Wesley Kate will like to know that she was invited before she was even born. Won't be long though...7 weeks and counting! Patterson is also younger than Jack, he is 8 weeks old. Yes, Donna can still enjoy her lunch. Patterson hangs out in his car seat, mellow as can be....just wait Donna...it won't be long for you either! During the course of our lunch, a table was knocked over, one diaper was changed, drinks were mixed up, a cardboard coaster was chewed on, and we were asked by a random man if Patterson was a year old. He actually seemed shocked that he didn't guess right, amazing, huh? After a lovely outdoor lunch we did a little outdoor shopping. The weather was absolutely perfect...fall is in the air. I love fall weather for the most part, the only thing I truly hate about it is that it means winter is to follow. But, back to my shopping...Donna was very good, no purchases on her part. Karen bought some wooden letters of Wesley Kate's initials and I....well, we won't discuss that, in case my husband reads this:) Jack was exhausted afterwards and took a "not in his schedule" nap on the car ride home. I guess we'll start all over tomorrow training Jack on his new schedule...back to square one!


1 comment:

Anonymous said...

DEAR PAULA

I WISH I COULD HAVE BEEN AT THE NEXT TABLE WATCHING
ALL OF YOU. I AM SURE THAT I WOULD HAVE GAZING AT JACK
MOST OF THE TIME. YOU HAVE A VERY SPECIAL SON.