Friday, September 21, 2007

Tiny Tooth Trouble

If you had asked me yesterday what I thought about the 5 month stage, I would have said, "It's Fabulous!". He is eating cereal, sitting up, and we found his first tooth coming through on his bottom gum. I was so excited...2 huge milestones in one day! As soon as I saw and felt it I screamed for Clay, "hurry, come quick, guess what I found?". Clay stuck his finger in Jack's mouth, after washing it of course, and rubbed his bottom gum. As soon as he felt the bump of a tooth he was as thrilled as I was. Of course, it was time for more pictures. Unfortunately, it's hard to get a good shot of such a tiny tooth..so you will have to take my word for it or click on the picture to zoom in. Well, this morning my excitement was crushed. Jack woke up at 7:22 am as opposed to 7:30 am, which I realize is not that big of a deal. However, the real issue is how he woke up...CRYING! I went to check on him and he was not happy Jack. He had a runny nose, drool pouring out of his mouth, and tears flooding...a sight only a mother could still love. Is this teething? I thought we were scot free because the tooth already pushed it's way through. Someone please help. What should I expect? So, today, I suppose I will spend Jack's nap time in the index of all of my parenting books looking up teething. And I will be happy to take any advice offered by family and friends. Grammy is on her way up for a visit this weekend, maybe she will have some words of wisdom!


3 comments:

Anonymous said...

POOR JACK... IT IS A HARD TIME FOR HIM. IF YOU KEEP
HAVING TROUBLE CALL ME.

I JUST FINISHED PRINTING ALL OF YOUR EPISODES OF "LIFE
WITH JACK". IT IS TOO SPECIAL TO DELETE AND LOSE.

GIVE JACK A SWEET HUG FROM ME I MISS YOU.

Donna said...

Jack's tooth is HUGE! Is he crying because more are on their way?!? I can't wait to see it myself next week!

Erin said...

wow, what a week for Jack!!