Thursday, September 27, 2007

Hello Nap! Goodbye Intruder!

Hallelujah! Today the clouds opened up and the angels sang...Jack slept through the intruder and woke up from his morning nap 1 1/2 hours later! It took 5 long, hard, grueling days, but that's better than 3 weeks. What a different baby too. Jack cooed when he woke up as opposed to crying. He smiled and played the morning through. As I type, he is taking his afternoon nap and snoozing through the intruder again...please, tell me I'm not going to eat my words! I think there are a lot of challenging aspects to parenting a baby. But, so far I have found sleep training to be the most difficult. The reward is priceless...a happy well rested baby and a happy well rested mommy. But, the road there hasn't been the easiest. Once you get the nights down, you want to rejoice and tell everyone you know, "my baby made it through the night". However, you're not finished...you still have to work on naps. And just as soon as the naps are established, well for us anyway, here comes the 45 minute intruder. I can see why there are so many books written on children and sleep....they are for babies and mommies who thrive on being well rested. I couldn't help but laugh the other day when a neighbor of mine called it "nap jail". I work so hard to get Jack on a good sleeping schedule and then I can't go anywhere! Yes, some days it does feel like I am in jail...but, for a very good cause...sweet dreams baby Jack.


No comments: