Saturday, August 8, 2015

Meeting And Greeting

We spent the entirety of yesterday morning meeting and greeting our 2015-2016 school year teachers.  As luck would have it all three kids were scheduled for the same morning with two of them even overlapping.  Ugh!

Between Daddy and I we managed to get all three kiddos everywhere they needed to be.  Needless to say it was a long morning, but extremely exciting and, if I'm being honest, a tiny bit overwhelming.

We started at "Kindergarten Round Up" for this sweetie pie.  The round up included a tour of the new building, lots of signing up, a peek at a real live school bus, and finally meeting our new teachers!



Although Maggie was noticeably anxious, she did great!  She even managed to make a new friend on our tour group {who is also in her class}.  I could not believe this sweetness...



All was pretty well until Maggie had to climb aboard the school bus WITHOUT ME.  She nearly went into full panic mode and quickly followed it with tears.  *sigh* Monday morning shall be very interesting.



Maggie was able to regroup and busted out into a full fledge smile when she met the beautiful Ms.R.  Maggie is sure she looks just like Belle and that's about all it takes to make Maggie excited about her new teacher and Kindergarten.  Shew!


Mrs. G is beyond sweet.  She might be one of the kindest most lovely ladies I've ever had the pleasure of knowing.  She was actually Jack's parapro in Kindergarten.  I was thrilled to be reunited with her and I just know she will take great care of my Mags.


Meanwhile Jack and Daddy were on pre-school duty.  I had Jack take his iPad to grab as many pictures as possible since I couldn't be there.  Boo hoo.  Lucy apparently didn't mind a bit and was absolutely enamored with Mrs. Lisa.



Rightfully so, she has the bubbliest and most contagious smile.  We adore her already.



From what I gathered, Lucy took no time at all warming up to her new classroom.  She checked out everything and even made a new friend.  That's my Lu!



Once that meet and greet was complete, Daddy and Jack met us back at the elementary school for Jack's turn to meet his 2nd grade teacher.

Pre Open House, Mrs. Y was described to us as organized, smart, very academic, and a solid teacher.  Jack was just about beside himself when he heard "organized".  Love that boy!  I foresee a great 2nd grade experience for this scholar of mine.

Not to mention a boat load of his buddies are in his class with him.  Fun!



We made it!  3 meet and greets, 3 wonderful teachers, and 3 very happy kiddos.  And I must note ONE excited {and extremely relieved} mommy.



6:00 am Monday morning will be here before we know it! *gasp*




No comments: