Sunday, August 16, 2015

A Visit From The Tooth Fairy

As if sending Maggie to Kindergarten wasn't enough for me to handle, this little one came home with a missing tooth this week!

Jack did the same thing to me in Kindergarten.  Why do my kiddos have to loose teeth so early?  Such a right of passage and a total bittersweet moment for me.  

It was all "sweet" for Maggie.  She was beside herself with excitement.  I've never seen that girl of mine beam like she did when she came flying off the bus.  I almost burst into tears right there.  Why does she keep growing up one me?  A mommy can only handle so much.

Come bed time, I tucked my precious Mags in while she drilled me on Tooth Fairy questions.  She was not about to forget that Jack got a gift for his first lost tooth.  {Let's just say thank goodness for Amazon Prime...the tooth fairy made sure to contact them as soon as that tooth started wiggling.}





Maggie insisted on putting her tooth in this case that the dentist gave her a few weeks ago.  I was imagining something much more elaborate and at least cute, but she was happy with this.  What was I to do?

She placed it on her nightstand {that goodness} and headed to bed with a smile plastered across her face.



Come morning, sweet girl woke up to this...a note from her Tooth Fairy and her most recent obsession, Shopkins.



If that toothless grin was big the night before, it was GIGANTIC the next morning.

If I had to guess that Tooth Fairy will be making a few more stops around here very soon.  Maggie has two more wigglies!


No comments: