Wednesday, August 12, 2015

First Days

First Day{s} of school have come and gone.  Super scared to jinx myself, but...so far so good!  The big kids started back on Monday morning.  To say I had a restless night of sleep Sunday evening would be an understatement.  Letting go of them is never an easy thing to do, especially considering I have a Kindergartner now! *sigh*


Surprisingly everything went super well.  Daddy and I both decided to walk the kids in {just in case I needed help peeling Maggie off of me}.  I had no idea what to expect from this little one.  I planned for the worse but prayed for the best.

It seems my prayers were answered.  Maggie was definitely a tad bit nervous, but as soon as she saw Ms. R and her welcoming smile, all was well.  I was so beyond elated that Maggie was happy that I literally forgot to cry.  I almost felt guilty walking out of the building with a smile plastered across my face.

Yay!  Maggie did it!  And without a tear {from either of us}!  Woo hoo!



Jack did amazing, just as expected.  He has been counting down the days until school started back up.  However, I can hardly believe he is entering 2nd grade.  He just looks so grown up all of a sudden!



The best part of all was the excitement of being in the new building.  It is truly amazing!   Most definitely the newest and fanciest school I've ever been a part of.  I'm just thrilled that my kids get to spend the next few years here.  And Maggie will be the first graduating class to have gone K-5th.  Pretty exciting stuff!


After we successfully made it through day one of Kindergarten and 2nd Grade, it was Lucy's turn.  She was more than ready, especially after seeing her bigs have their first days.

Lucy is doing a two day "young 3's" class.  Her August birthday is a serious challenge.  I must have agonized endless hours about this decision....old twos vs. threes.  In the end, the teachers won out.  They insisted that she was ready for 3's.  And I have to admit, I could see where they were coming from.

I guess it was just me who wasn't quite ready.  When I found out that a two day a week class was offered, I jumped on it.  No way I was giving up my baby for three days just yet.



I'm more than confident that I made the best decision for sweet Lu.  Her teacher is amazing, you can't even tell that she is the youngest in the class {which was a serious concern for me }, and Lucy said she had the "best day ever" when I picked her up.

Pure sweetness.

I'm honestly feeling really good about this school year.  I can't say I expected that....the anticipation just about did me in.  Seeing my kids happy and loving school is the greatest gift!  I can finally exhale. SHEW!  I see an amazing year on the horizon.

Now let's just hope I haven't jinxed myself...



No comments: