That and the fact that I got a sneak peek at the big's new elementary school. Well, same school just a BRAND NEW building. And let me say, it was well over due and it is BeAuTiFuL! It certainly sparked some back to school joy my heart.
So much so, that I came home and got right to work. Not to mention all this decorating excitement is helping to keep my new Kindergartener's anxiety at bay. Sweet Maggie....this is all for you {and your grieving momma}
I started at the front door. I wanted a fresh look to our First Day of School pictures. I can't wait to stand my cuties up next to this with their backpacks on. I'm so in love with it, that I already have a wish list planned for the upcoming holidays.
I also jazzed up the kitchen table. We spend a lot of time here so it definitely needed to express some back to school happiness.
I used a few of my goodies that I had collected for the teacher's back to school luncheon. No sense in letting all that work go to waste. I grabbed a few of my colorful linen napkins and unfolded them for temporary place mats. These were a wedding gift to Clay and I nearly 10 YEARS ago! Never did I imagine I would be decorating a table for "back to school" with them.
I was all about color in the classroom and apparently I still am.
The kid's got a kick out of the chalkboard "name tags".
And lest we not forget my traipse to the basement storage room for the "Back To School" books. I'm sure my summer books are tear stained from storing them away.
And with that, we are slowly getting in the spirit around here. Off to Meet and Greets tomorrow! Woah...how did this happen?








No comments:
Post a Comment