If you have ever read this blog in the Fall, you know how absolutely obsessed I am with Southern Belle Farms. It is by far my favorite patch and sadly, I've been to a enough to compare.
So this year, when Maggie's Girl Scout troop planned an outing to a Pumpkin Patch, I was completely torn. I was super bummed that it was not at my favorite Fall highlight. But, I thought Maggie would enjoy and we could make a family affair of it. So, off we went.
Well, let me just preface with it was "so-so" and I won't ever be changing my Fall pumpkin patch tradition...again!
Now that that is out of the way, on to my little pumpkins, who just keep growing up! {and making the best of "not the best" patch}
We started our visit with pumpkin pictures. I always like to get this in before my little ones get dirty, tired and sweaty. Unfortunately, the photo ops were very limited. I was contending with port-o-potties and giant "DO NOT SIT ON PUMPKINS" signs for the background. So please bear with me.
While I hit the maze with the bigs and the Girl Scouts, Lucy trotted around the farm with Grandma. Jack was in and out of the maze in a New York minute. Maggie and I were lost for what seemed like an eternity.
When we finally made it out {through the entrance, mind you} we found Lucy had been to the sponsoring hospital booth. In true Lucy cuteness, she has been living in this stethoscope ever since. It doesn't matter if it has a heartbeat or not, Dr. Lu is giving it a check up.
The maze really did Maggie and me in. Lucky for her, Grandma was on stand by with the stroller {and with chicken fingers}.
The highlight of our visit might have been this Emoji hay bale. The kids got a big kick out of it. Clearly, the entertainment was limited;).
Before hopping on the Hay Ride, we stopped to feed the 3 goats. {I say 3 with a hint of sarcasm}
The hayride was a nice opportunity to rest our weary boots. There wasn't much to see, but what's a farm without a hayride?
Lucy is the only one of the three who opted for the Corn Shooter and the Pony Ride. I'm pretty sure Jack still isn't over getting popped in the mouth by one of those things about 5 years ago. And it's really not Maggie's thing for obvious reasons.
We ended our visit with the coveted, Pumpkin Picking. I am more than sure this was everyone's favorite part of the visit. They still get so excited over this. I love that!
There is nothing like kicking of the first day of October at the Pumpkin Patch...even if it is only "so-so".



















No comments:
Post a Comment