Thursday, October 13, 2016

A Wild Ride

After returning from New York, I could have totally chilled, which we all know means un-packed, done laundry, grocery shopped, re-grouped for a day or so.

But, lest you've forgotten, I had two little anxious girls waiting for me at home.  And although, they had had an incredible weekend with their Grandma, they were salivating for some quality Mommy time. 

With still another day left of a school break, I decided we should make it good.  We grabbed neighbor friends, loaded up in their mini-van and headed a good 2 hours away to the Wild Animal Safari.

Please note, Jack and Daddy are not in the picture...and that is because they stayed back and got that "chill" time I so desperately could have used after our trip.

But all is not lost, the girls and our friends had SO MUCH FUN!  Way better than unpacking and the grocery store!



A good couple of years ago, I took Jack and Mags on this same adventure.  Only differences were Maggie was pretty young and hardly remembers it AND we were on our a guided tour bus.

So, get ready for this...we actually rented this 8 passenger zebra van on site and braved the safari trail guide-less!

It was hilarious, adventurous, un-nerving at times, and totally fascinating!




All the kiddos were armed with a bag of wild animal food pellets and raring to go, but I hardly think any of them knew what was in store for them.




A little of this...





A lot of tongue...



A few antlers...



And a whole lot of drool...



Just as a visual this is what the road looked like.  Literally wild animals in the middle of it and not scared to ram your van for food.



I'm not sure anything could have topped that ride of a lifetime  But, we decided to give the "animal walk-thru" a whirl.




The animals were definitely a bit more docile in this area.  Except we did see a raging Baboon and a Liger {lion/tiger hybrid}.   The kiddos were pretty well conditioned to handle anything by this point.



It was a wild ride, but it was so fun to be reunited with my girls again!

Now, we are preparing to return to a nice normal school routine around here.  No more skyscraper tours or slobbering zebras for me for quite a while.




No comments: