Sunday, October 30, 2016

Carve-O-Lantern

We scheduled this Halloween Weekend Eve to carve our pumpkins.  Having a Saturday to carve pumpkins is just about the only good part of Halloween falling on a Monday night this year.  Anyone agree?

When I told the kids to get ready by collecting the necessary supplies and meeting in the front yard, Maggie took it to a whole new level.  I REALLY wonder where she gets this stuff from?  {totally kidding...I know, I know}

Thanks to Maggie we all made it to the front yard without getting lost and with that the designing, cleaning and carving began.



Maggie kept it simple...so thankful for that.  She went for a classic Jack-O-Lantern look.  Lucy wanted a cat.  Sounds simple enough, but she was very particular about the cutting details until I offered her paint.  {more on that}  And Jack, of course, wanted something spooky and totally out of the box.  I'm still trying figure out exactly what his is.



My pumpkin gut cleaning skills were hardly put to use this year...FINALLY!  For the first time, all three kiddos did the majority of the work.  I would be completely lying if I didn't say, I was still up to my elbows in pumpkin pulp by the end.  But, hey, we made some serious progress.






Does anyone else think this is just plain weird?  Last year he was eating raw pumpkin and this year he's putting it on his head.  I can't wait to see what tricks he has in store for me Fall 2017.

So here is the first glimpse of being out of the box...Jack had to have a white pumpkin.



The kid's did all of the designing, most of the drawing {Lucy needed a bit of assistance}, and a good bit of the carving.

When it came to carving Lucy's Cat-O Lantern's whiskers it was just simply impossible. That absolutely did not make her happy.  But, Black paint did!



At the completion of our Saturday Carve-O-Lantern party, this is what we had...




We are sure to attract all of the neighborhood trick or treaters with this dazzling display.

And did you figure what Jack's was?  I'm still confused, but according to him it's a Frankenstein Ghost with some sort of spooky eye issue....hmmm...

Until next time, wishing you a Happy Halloween!






No comments: