I can't make this stuff up...this legit happened. And I just so happened to grab a few pictures to prove it.
Here we go....Maggie has been begging to have a 1st birthday party for her fish, Peacock. I'm not even sure if you knew she had a fish, but now you do. I entertained the idea thinking it would be a family affair. A little song, a homemade cake, and it would be over.
Maggie had much bigger plans.
So much so, that she had a complete agenda prepared along with lots of shopping lists. And this is where you might think I'm a little off my rocker. I gave in. However, in my defense, she talked about this for two months and I knew it wasn't going to stop until it was executed.
So, one day, Maggie and I loaded up and hit all her stops....Michaels, Dollar Tree, and Publix. We had a car full of birthday supplies for a F...I...S...H.... and I am for real.
From there, I let Maggie take the reins. She planned and prepared and even sent out invitations. Come party day, she had 12 guests, crafts, snacks, games, and even favors.
Yes, people actually came...and brought gifts none the less!
Please take note, those are fish sprinkles that Maggie managed to find on our shopping outing.
The crafts included Under The Sea bracelets made with blue beads and pipe cleaners.
And foam door hangers to decorate with fish foam stickers.
Maggie, bossily, ran a game in the back yard to the demise of her guests.
And even led a round of Happy Birthday with her solely gathering the guests and counting them down to start singing. {that's a big deal for Maggie}
I'd like to say I'm not sure where this idea came from and partly I don't. But, if I'm being honest with myself, I might have had something to do with the party planning obsession. Now the bossy hostess part, well, that was all her.
Kind of fun to see that side of my sweet Mags sometimes...and only sometimes.
Happy 1st Peacock! Hope it was great!














No comments:
Post a Comment