Monday, September 19, 2016

A Few Of My Faves

Hi folks!  I'm back...well kind of.  It feels like FOREVER since I've sat down to my little online  journal.  And although it's really only actually been about two weeks, I've missed it.

So, I say "kind of" because the painting aspect is complete.  Yippee!  Some days were painless others were miserable.  Especially when I lost the kitchen for a good 5 days.  My poor kids were eating some hodge podge meals.  And, oh man, you have seen their lunches...eeek!  But we all survived and have a very white kitchen because of it.

Sadly, I didn't take any before pictures and I haven't really taken any afters.  And there is good reason for that.  I'm just not 100% settled...shocker, huh?

Mission completely accomplished on brightening up the house.  I went from Greenbriar Beige {which was way popular, oh, say about 10 years ago} to Pale Oak and Simply White.  

However, I found this little update has snowballed.  Doesn't that just always happen with house projects?  

I have been replacing lighting, rugs, wall art, decor, and very soon kitchen counter tops.  Ugh...the messes I get myself into.

So until, I feel complete enough to share some "after" pictures, I thought I would pop in with a few of my fave additions. 

Here we go... 

I have two new pendants over my island in the kitchen.  This desperately needed to be done and involved a lot of light removal, location moves, ceiling patches, and finally these beauties.  Now all I need is countertops...they can't get the quartzite cut and installed fast enough....trust me it's an eye sore in the interim.



I changed out our old chandelier for this lovely piece over my dining room table.  The style is so unlike me that a lot tweaking had to take place in that room, but now I am loving it.



One of those tweaks in the dining room...reminds me of home.
{And by the way, those walls are Simply White, just to show you how off the coloring is.}



A new rug in the formal living room, which I find myself laying on and drooling over it's stunning blue.



The foyer is undergoing some major re-vamps.  With the new wall color, I knew it was time to change out the existing light fixture.  I have pretty low ceilings so I went for a flush mount.  I couldn't be happier.  The area looks so much brighter and bigger.  Amazing what a coat of paint and a new light can do.



I also moved the piece of furniture that was in the foyer into another room and added this lovely thing.  I'm still waiting on a mirror, a lamp, and something to fill my new pot with.  But, I tell you, that console table makes me giddy.  I am really enjoying being able to add some grays to my house with the new paint colors.


Although, this doesn't look like too much, I promise it has been consuming my days.  I'm looking forward to getting the kitchen under control, finishing up a few details and enjoying my Fall.

Oh yea, I forgot to mention...we are adding a screened in porch all the while...enjoying Fall may just be a long shot.


No comments: