Somehow I got weaseled into being team mom this season for the Royals. I can't say I minded it, there were certainly some perks, but there was also a lot of behind the scenes work. This was my first time carrying this title and I'm not so sure I'll be leaping up to volunteer again.
However, I did thoroughly enjoy planning the end of season team party. Big surprise, huh? Actually when the coaches approached me, they had me at the word "party". {But, that's our secret}
With the playoffs being a huge scheduling factor, pinning down a date was almost near impossible. But I was more than determined to make it happen. I mean I had the party planned in my head since our first game back in March.
We finally settled on a date {our coach had some superstitions to contend with} and grabbed a pavilion to celebrate. And speaking of "coach"...Coach Jeff was literally the most amazing positive and inspiring coach we have ever had the pleasure of playing for.
So on to the fun...
I made these quick center pieces for each of the tables. My baseball bats were not made for the long haul. I had to improvise with construction paper when I couldn't scrounge up any brown cardstock. They made it through the party though and I suppose that is all that matters.
I made a place setting for each boy with a plate {for pizza} a fruit cup that I made baseball stickers for, a box of Cracker Jacks, and a personalized picture frame.
I had taken pictures of the boys all season so Clay helped me go through them to pick out one shot that each boy would love. {he somehow remembered every play and every game} I added their names and numbers with my Cricut. A super fun keepsake from the season.
Dessert was non other than Royal baseball cupcakes {baked by one of the mommas}. Yum!
I set the utensils, parent food, party favors, and coaches gifts on another table.
I added a tag to a package of Big League Chew for all the boys to take home as a consumable favor. From my experience, most boys can't resist some sort of candy.
Meanwhile the girls played with Shopkins and my camera. I came home to find about 45 of these pictures on my camera. I couldn't bring myself to delete all of them. Such cuteness.
I was able to "borrow" my camera back for a brief second as the coaches presented a baseball and participation tee to each boy. They had the wittiest and most endearing thing to say about each of the players. Just more proof of how awesome our coaches were.
Sadly, with my camera being confiscated I didn't get a picture of Jack receiving his goodies from the coach. There's always next season though.
Next up...SCHOOL'S OUT!









No comments:
Post a Comment