Saturday, May 7, 2016

First Communion For My First

As I was uploading pictures into my "spring" album, I could hardly believe all our little party of five had done in the past couple months.  Shew...it's been a busy and extremely memorable season.

However, nothing can quite compare to the culminating activity that transpired this weekend...Jack's First Communion.  As a Catholic family, this sacrament is very special to us.  Jack has been in "training" all year {actually all his life} for this ceremony and more importantly the true meaning of it.

For fear of getting too mushy and deep on you, I think it's time to move on to a few pictures of the special occasion.  I nearly cried my eyes out during the ceremony, I can't imagine what would happen here if I went into any more detail.

The actual Mass was photographed by a professional {I'm still waiting on those}.  Parents were asked to refrain from picture taking, I can't say that I blame them, that could have been a very un-holy mamarazzi mess otherwise.

So we were able to grab a few photos with the family afterwards.  I could hardly contain my adoration for Jack in a suit.  I mean *swoon*, that boy is handsome.  I imagine I'm a little over zealous considering he had on something other than dry fit for once in a very looooong time.



Other than the fact that Jack actually wore a suit, one of the biggest blessings was sharing this special day with all of the Grandma's.  All the way from the North to the South they traveled in honor of Jack.



We love you GG and Grammy!



And of course Grandma too!



We followed the ceremony with a special family party out.  We dined on a delish brunch, satisfied our sweet tooth, and showered the First Communicant with gifts.

It was so incredibly amazing to have everyone there.  Once again this boy of ours brought the family together.





Most of Jack's gifts were of a religious nature...I mean that would be the most appropriate token of congratulations for this day.  He really did appreciate them all and they will surely be a special reminder of this day.




However, we thought he just MIGHT like something that he could actually play with.  He did wear a suit after all!  So we caved in and as a "family gift" we presented him with this Lego that has been on his wish list for eons.

To say he was elated would be an understatement.  Maybe wearing a tie is worth it after all.

He literally spent the rest of his holy day constructing this beast of a project.  It has now replaced his Tomas the Train set.  Boo hoo...my little man is growing up.


So very proud of you Jack Henry Cibula!  God Bless you little one!


No comments: