Thursday, May 12, 2016

A GG-rific Visit

As if I weren't blessed enough to have this wonderful lady in my life, I actually had her in custody at my house for nearly two weeks.

GG had no way of escaping considering I picked her up {somewhere up North} and in return was her only way home.  I can't deny that she loves our company {or so she says}, so I would like to think the kidnapping was actually very pleasurable.

My sweet grandma got to see {and live} a couple of weeks in my life.  I imagine she had many flashbacks of raising her own three little ones.  Her great-grandchildren were elated with her visit and enjoyed every waking minute of it, as did I.

We certainly kept this 79 year old lady hopping from event to event.  As always, she is the dearest company and I can't be more thankful that my children get to make precious memories with her.

Although a few of these pictures are repeats, I just had to share all the tangibles from our GG-rific visit.

Lulu was loving that her GG was in the audience for her ballet recital.  The more peeps to perform for the better.



GG also visited Jack's TAG class where the students had just finished up an Ocean Discovery unit.  The culminating activity was fish dissecting.  Apparently, Jack's teacher decided she wasn't up for the task {ewww... I don't blame her}.  She sent out an email begging for a volunteer.  Guess who jumped right on that?

I told you this lady was amazing!




Jack was so incredibly proud that his GREAT Grandma was dissecting a fish for his class.  I mean can she get any cooler?



The fun didn't stop there, later in the week GG volunteered with me at Lucy's Field Day.  We got split up in our assigned tasks.  I got the girls and she got the boys...I'm pretty sure she got the short end of that stick.

Seven 3year old boys is not an easy task, but she did it and with a big ol' smile.


Of course, GG stayed through the following weekend for Jack's First Communion.  She's seen a lot of these and I couldn't have been more touched that she was here for my first borns.





We topped the weekend off with a Mother's Day celebration.  It's not very often that your kids get to celebrate Mother's Day with their Mommy, two Grandma's and a Great-Grandma.  Pretty special stuff.


In between all those events, I also had this trooper of a Grandma at ice skating lessons, baseball games, music class, and gymnastics.  It's probably fair to say, there wasn't a dull moment.  I would have to guess she is happy to be back home relaxing by the lake.

Before I know it we will be up there too celebrating her big 80th Birthday!

We love you GG! xoxo


No comments: