Tuesday, December 1, 2015

Sitting With Santa

I can't imagine any better way to head into the month of December than sitting with Santa.  The jolly ol' man was booked up every. single. weekend in December so we opted for a week day.  {yes, Santa takes appointments}.

It all worked out in our favor because the kid's have a serious case of the Christmas spirit.  I don't think they could have waited for the weekend.

The night before our visit the kids worked meticulously on their Christmas lists.  Lucy was aided by her bigs.  She just couldn't leave well enough alone and had to add a few "Lucy markings" to it once we arrived today.  Surely you've figured out that Lucy is convinced she is as old as her big brother and sister.  {and of course, all those scribbles are legit words...according to Lu anyway}



Maggie's list on the other hand, was very legible.  Yes, legible, just not exactly feasible.  We are talking an iPad, a "real live baby dog", another bike, and lots of American Girl dolls.  Hmmm...I hope this princess of mine isn't disappointed come Christmas morning.


My trio wasted no time giving Santa the run down on their Christmas wishes.  I'm not convinced they even said, "hello" to the poor guy.  I'm pretty sure he had to cut them off at one point.  By the way, Jack's list is nearly as ridiculous as Maggie's.  Lucky me.



Because a line was slowly forming behind us, Santa gently suggested they move on to pictures.



I would show you more {because you  know I took about a billion}. But, they pretty much all look like this...


Seriously?!?!  Of all kids Jack couldn't keep his eyes open?

I bribed my little ones with their candy cane treats from Santa to take a few more for me.  I'm in desperate need of a few December pictures so I can finish up our 2016 calendar and get it ordered for Christmas gifts this year.



Those candy canes were burning holes in their hands.  I couldn't put them through much more.

I spent the rest of my evening dining out and loving on this Christmas crew.  I can't begin to tell you how much I adore our family traditions.  I swear I'm going to make them do this for the rest of their sweet little lives.

mmmmm...I love being their mommy:)

Off to finish up our decorating!




No comments: