I have to admit I nearly went into shock when my eldest opted out of a basketball clinic {that he had begged to sign up for, mind you} to go to the Rudolph show with Mommy and the sisters. All because, and I quote, "it's a tradition".
{sigh} He isn't the Grinch after all. And to my surprise, he enjoyed every single minute of it too. I can't begin to tell how pleased as punch I was to have him with us.
The kids woke up this morning to Rudolph lollipops at their breakfast table seat. I couldn't resist these hilarious looking things from the Dollar section at Target.
I did make them eat their breakfast before they tore into them. Nothing like Red Noses to get us hyped up for the show.
We headed down town and grabbed our very own row in the theatre. It was packed, so this was a pleasant treat.
The show was just as cute as I remember it. Except this year, I didn't have any kiddos hiding on the floor when the Bumble Monster made his appearance. We are making progress folks! Which sadly means, they are growing up on me.
After the show the kids couldn't wait to head up to the third floor for the puppet making class. I had a pretty good premintion that we were due for a Herme the Elf puppet. Keep in mind I've been doing this for 6 years now. I'm starting to figure out the pattern.
Lucy turned hers into a "girl elf".
Jack just had to give his some unusually large mouth and scathing eyebrows.
And Maggie gets the award for the most details and accessories added to her puppet. The girl just kept on going...{this isn't even the final product}.
While Maggie continued to accessorize Herme, Jack and Lucy gave the shadow board a whirl.
We ended our visit with a tour around the Puppet Museum. Lucy was loving the Sesame Street gang. And you know she couldn't get out of there without insisting I take a picture of her in this thing. Such a ham!
It's the most WoNdErFuL time of the year!









No comments:
Post a Comment