I can hardly believe the cuteness that has gone down in my kitchen this season. Oh, pinch me! Tis the season for baking, decorating, and making a giant mess all over the counters.
Per usual, we started our kitchen cuteness baking up Christmas cookies. We had everything from stars to stockings to trees to gingerbread boys and girls.
I still haven't determined if the rolling of the dough or the decorating is their favorite part.
We finalized the cookie project with our traditional reindeer cookies. They were just as cute this year, but not quite as tasty. Daddy's special delivery Christmas present arrived just as the oven was beeping up a storm. Needless to say the delivery men took precedence and the reindeer cookies ended up as hard as rocks.
Oh well, there is always next year.
Christmas in the kitchen headed right into Christmas Eve with our traditional Gingerbread houses. This was the first year that Lucy had a house all to her own!
She was beyond excited and made a lululicious mess.
The bigs worked meticulously on their houses. I couldn't believe how long it took them. In the end, Maggie was the last one standing. Still adding the final touches to hers.
And might you note, Jack is wearing orange. He no longer has an interest in our Christmas Eve jammie tradition...boo hoo!
Nearly two hours later the gingerbread houses were complete. By that long awaited point, the camera was stowed away and I was on to other Christmas Eve tasks, because I assure you in a house with three kids there are plenty of them.
I am ramping myself up for a Christmas Eve evening at Grandma's house. Not to mention, I've got to get these little bakers out of their pjs and into church clothes.
Let the Christmas madness begin. The next 24 hours are going to be a doozie.
Merry Christmas Eve to all! Santa comes tonight...











No comments:
Post a Comment