Thursday, December 10, 2015

The Christmas Spirit

We are seriously getting into the spirit around here.  I had a slow start {not exactly sure why}, but I am full throttle into Christmas mode now.

Tis' the season for Clarence to return...that silly elf.



We got our Christmas tree up and decorated nearly a week late this year.  Maybe that was the reason for my delayed spirit.



But now that it is up, I sit and marvel at the beauty of this season.  Especially at night when the kids are asleep and all the lights are off except for the tree.



And boy, am I about to drown in wrapping paper!  Jack and I calculated that if I wrap 5 presents a night I will be finished by Christmas Eve.  AHHH...!  So I am trying to average 15 a night in hopes of having that week before Christmas to just relax and enjoy my kids and the holiday.



The kids and I spent the evening putting together these little Christmas treats for their friends at school.  I got a little lazy this year and just grabbed a couple boxes of candy canes and created this tag.  My kids think it's fabulous though, so it works for me.



And this little elf is just full of Christmas cheer!  How could I not get in the spirit with her around?




The most endearing moment to date this season goes to my Christmas gift from Maggie.  She just couldn't wait any longer to give it to me.  I think she's heard me request a diamond upgrade one too many times...ha! She really wanted to get me the pink one, but she "knew how much I wanted a silver one".  

Is that pure sweetness or what?!? It's a shame it isn't real.


Cheers to the Christmas spirit...and I'm about to do just that...off to a ladies only  Christmas party!




No comments: