Sunday, December 6, 2015

A Date To The Nutcracker

Oh my, I am forever grateful to my dear friend, Cristina, who introduced Maggie and I to this newest Christmas tradition.

In case you are wondering, I haven't been living a hole, and, yes, I know what the Nutcracker is.  But the big ballet in the big city just hasn't been in the cards for us.  At least just not quite yet.  I mean we do have a bed time around here.

And this brings me to why I am so grateful to my aforementioned friend.  This year she introduced Mags and I to the sweetest small{er} town company show of the Nutcracker. She also tipped us off on making sure we bought tickets to the Sunday show, which included the Sugar Plum Tea with the dancers!

While the boys went to an FSU basketball game and Lucy spent a "special" day with Grandma, Maggie and I got dolled up in festive attire and spent the day on a Mother Daughter Date.  It was just divine.


We arrived for the tea at the theatre and dined on tea sandwiches, sweet treats, and delicious punch. Somehow this is about the just of Maggie's plate. I had to do my motherly duty and throw some fruit on there.



And although, my Mags was loving those sweets, nothing, and I mean nothing, could compare to meeting the real live dancers!  Maggie was in awe of their costumes and gracious smiles.  We made our rounds and got every single autograph offered.  This little autographed program has become one of Maggie's prized possessions.  {just one more thing for my pack-rat to add to her collection}




Personally, my favorite was the Sugar Plum Fairy, who absolutely stole the show!



As if the precious tea and meeting the dancers weren't enough, we were with the sweetest group of friends.



Girls only day!



Before Maggie dozed off to dream of sugar plums and ballerinas, she made me promise that we could go again.  She doesn't have to ask me twice!  

Can't wait until little sister is old enough to join us.  mmm...girls are so much fun!




1 comment:

ericafokens said...

Merry Christmas, Girls & Cibula family:) I LOVE this post;) So special! Hugs!