Sunday, November 29, 2015

Turkey In The Mountains

Happy Turkey Day to everyone {as my youngest would say}!  Hope yours was as festive, family filled, and fun as ours.  We've just come home from a fabulous four day stay in the mountains with the Cibula family.

There is nothing like being locked in a cabin with your family for the Thanksgiving holiday.  The kids and I seriously adored every moment of it.  I mean, how could we not?  We had Grammys, aunts, uncles, and cousins from the minute we woke up to the minute we laid down our weary heads.

And yes, we were most definitely weary by day's end.  Our mountain house was incredible.  We could have never left and been perfectly entertained.  We had foosball, air hockey, a pool table, an outdoor play set, a fire pit, a hot tub and a table filled with crafts that Jack and I put together for the trip.  Not to mention a stack of board games and more than enough players to solicit for a friendly competition.

My kids could have seriously moved in and never missed their cottage in the city.



Thanksgiving Day was filled with the usual.  Lots of cooking, amazing aromas wafting about {mainly thanks to Aunt Catlin}, and lots of family time.  We spent endless moments at this table whipping up some Thanksgiving crafts and activities.  The teenage and tweenage cousins were such troopers.  Many thanks to Whit and Larkin for coloring, gluing and scavenger hunting with my trio.

We are so thankful for both of you!






It was a lovely surprise for the kids to have Grandma visit for the day.  She made the drive up with a car full of desserts.  The kids loved seeing her {as did I}.  Lucy immediately staked claim on Grandma and took her outside to enjoy the GORGEOUS weather.  They made their way down the lane to visit the real live giant swan in the pond...it was a pretty incredible sight.





While I spent most of my time crafting with little ones, Aunt Catlin and Daddy manned the kitchen.  What?!?! Yes, I said Daddy...had to make sure I got a picture of that.  Enjoy it....you may never see that again.


Thanksgiving dinner was wonderful.  And the company was even better.  So so so much to be thankful for {excuse my sentimental mushiness}.

The kids and I were so worn out by the end of the day.  I do not lie when I say we were all passed out with pjs on by 7:30pm.  The four of us apparently missed a great fire pit night.  Oh well!

We spent the rest of our vaca hiking in the woods and creek hopping.  Great fun with this crew!






...And visiting Apple Orchards...




I had promised this to Maggie many moons ago.  However, apple picking season is over. Womp...womp:(  But, we made the best of it and actually had a great time.  Next September,  if you are still up for it, I promise Maggie!





We spent our last evening grilling out and making s'mores on the fire pit.  The kids and I made sure to stay awake for this one.  It was well worth it.

We truly had a terrific turkey vacation up in the mountains.  So thankful for the family I married in to and the family we've made.

Now, I must be off...the kids are begging me to pull out Christmas decorations.  Awww...deep breath...here comes the most wonderful {and busiest} time of the year!

{and on another note...still waiting on Maggie's birthday pictures...they are supposedly on the way...I've had the worst luck with party pictures here lately...promise to share as soon as I get them}

Happy last few days of November!




No comments: