Monday, November 9, 2015

Maggie Is SIX

Although we celebrated Maggie's birthday with a party this past weekend, she actually woke up this morning as a real live 6 year old!   It's official...November 9, 2015...Maggie is 6 years old!!

Oh how I remember this exact day six years ago.  Maggie stole my heart and has yet to give it back.  I adore this precious angel and couldn't even begin to imagine this family without her loving smile.

I snuck into her room this Monday morning with the usual birthday greeting...a camcorder and  a camera.  Immediately she busted out into that irresistible Maggie smile and I serenaded her with Happy Birthday.  She was beside herself giddy!





She headed off to Kindergarten for her first day as a 6 year old!  I met her later for lunch and passed out doughnuts for all the kiddos.  GG and Lucy joined me and Mags couldn't get enough of all the special attention.  She was sporting a birthday crown and ecstatic to tell me how her birthday had been announced on the school's morning news.

When Mags came home, GG had a special afternoon planned for the birthday girl.   There is nothing my Maggie loves more than baking.  GG and I stopped at the store and grabbed a plethora of ingredients and decorating tidbits.  Maggie had a blast.  Not to mention she got to make amazing memories with her GG.

Some of my favorite memories are of me and my Grandma in the kitchen.  Love that Maggie gets to do the same.



But even before Maggie could hit the kitchen, she bolted upstairs to change into one of her birthday gifts.  She begged and pleaded to wear it to school.  As you can imagine, I had to nix that plan.  I mean it is November folks.  However, it did make for a swell "at home" birthday celebration outfit.



We celebrated Maggie after dinner with one of her baked goods.  I mean can her cake get any more girly?  GG, Grandma, and our family of five were here to celebrate our precious Magpie!


I assume she felt the love.  She beamed all the way to bed.   Either that or she was on a major sugar high.

Oh my, my baby girl is 6!  Can someone pLEaSe just tell me where the PAUSE button is?!?!


No comments: