Wednesday, November 18, 2015

Thankful For Kindergarten


It's a pretty well known fact that I adore Kindergarten.  I mean it was my grade of choice {and 1st too} as a teacher.

But, I never realized exactly how thankful I was for it, until Jack went off to 2nd grade.   Shall I explain?  There are so many opportunities to get in the K classroom, so far not much in 2nd.  Maggie comes home with the sweetest school work and Jack comes home with a bunch of numbers that make my head spin.  I get a giant hug and smile from my Kindergartener when I'm in the school building and hardly a nod and wave from my 2nd grader.

And most recently, K had a Thanksgiving program and 2nd, you guessed it, did not.  Boo!  I'm holding on to Kindergarten as tight as I can and feeling SuPeR thankful for it this season.

As much as I enjoyed the Kindergarten program, clearly Maggie did not.  Seriously, being a pumpkin is a lot of pressure.  Surely, you agree.  




As you may recall, my Mags has serious performance anxiety.  Can't say I really expected anything else.  Some things never change...






But....on a much brighter note, post performance all was well!  Maggie took us back to her classroom where she had the sweetest Thanksgiving treats waiting for us.  My absolute favorite was that "Thankful Box" spilled out on the table next to her.  Just a few things Maggie is thankful for...her Mommy, Daddy, Jack, Lucy, her dog, her fish, her teachers, and....her fists?  Still trying to figure that one out.



Then we had the amazing pleasure of watching the Kindergartener's Pixie Projects on the big screen.  The phonetic spelling just makes me melt!  




And as if that weren't enough to be thankful for, we enjoyed the Thanksgiving Feast in the cafeteria.  And it was suprisingly tasty...thanks to Chef Reggie.  {Yes, we actually have a professional chef at our elementary school.}
  


Just a couple more days of school until a much needed break! I am so looking forward to having my little trio home for a whole week of thankfulness!



No comments: