I couldn't have imagined how fun this party was to plan. I literally submersed myself in flowers, garden paraphernalia, and of course butterflies for the weeks {okay, you know me better}, for months leading up to the big day.
Maggie also requested a colorful party. Which I'm pretty sure we pulled off beautifully. The only factor I had no control over was the weather. While I had envisioned a picture perfect party sprawled across my luscious lawn and growing garden, the rain, rain and more rain, put an end to that.
Because it was still warm enough we opted to have the party outside on the covered patio. Happily, our RSVP list was full of yes's which in turn meant there was no way to fit all those sweet butterflies inside. It worked out, the kids stayed dry, had a garden-licious time, and everyone fit!
So we shall we start will all the delicious details?
{Oh and I must note, if a picture is good, meaning not dark and not blurry, just assume I took it. If it's the latter, the photographer took it. I'm not even kidding. But, let's not get started on that}
When it comes to food, you must know by now how much I adore naming it to fit with the theme. I also think the backdrop for the food has got to be an eye catcher. So I spent endless hours working on tissue paper flowers to fill the wall with. I added a few butterflies from the Dollar Store, yellow fabric, and wah-lah...
I found these precious watering cans at Michaels on clearance in the summer. I literally filled an entire cart full of them and used them throughout the party.
The food included "Blossoming Bites" which were these great flower cups {that are supposed to be for snow cones} filled with popcorn.
"Garden Goodies" which were cucumbers and carrots in paper cups found at Tuesday Morning. A "Berry Patch" which were strawberries and blueberries in these cups from Sweet Peach Papiere.
The menu also included "Butterfly Wings and Flower Petals" which were sandwiches cut out as butterflies and flowers. I don't seem to have a photo of those, imagine that. I mean, honestly I'm just lucky I got a hold of these pictures at this point.
The dessert table was filled with cupcakes, butterfly lollipops and "Butterfly Nectar".
For fun, I had four stations for the girls. I am all about centers {comes from my teaching days}. The first was "Flutter Face Painting". Maggie really wanted face painting at her party. I thought of hiring someone and then remembered, no need. Grandma is a fantastic artist.
I grabbed a face painting set at Michaels and set Grandma up on one of my patio couches. She literally had a line of anxious little girls.
The second station was "Beautiful Butterflies". I literally threw every kind of art supply I could find into this flower platter. I then had foam butterflies {from the Dollar Store} and butterfly masks {from Michaels} for the girls to decorate. My sweet friend, Cristina, helped me man this table.
Another station was "Create A Canvas". I bought 8 x 10 canvases at Michaels, cut out a butterfly on my Cricut, and then traced the pattern onto the canvases. We did have a couple boys in attendance so I made caterpillar canvases for them.
The kids got so creative with the painting and had a nice little take home to boot.
The final station was my favorite. It was so fitting for a butterfly garden party. This was the "Plant A Garden" activity. Logistically I had other plans for the supplies, but with the rain I had to improvise.
I set the painting supplies and garden stakes up at a table. I literally squealed with delight when I saw these garden stakes in the dollar section at Michaels. Aren't they cute?
Out in the yard, I set up a tent and my Grandma {GG} as a place for the kids to actually plant their flowers.
GG has a glowing green thumb so this was right up her alley. She was in heaven with her fingers in the dirt and little girls all around her planting flowers.
After the girls planted their flowers, they brought their pots over to this table to plant them. They used chalk to write their name on a garden stake and stuck it in pot. It was another cute keepsake for the kids.
From there all the sweet girls sat down and ate while Maggie the Butterfly Hostess served them. That may have been her favorite part.
I found the cute grass placements on Amazon. And each girl had butterfly wings and a butterfly wand at their place setting {both from the Dollar store}.
The runners on all the tables were just rolls of wrapping paper. The humidity from the rain got to them a bit, but they still looked pretty cute and were disposable.
Before we knew it, it was time to sing to our little birthday girl. I'm disappointed to say there were not a lot of pictures taken of this. Why?, I'm still trying to figure out. I mean it is the most important part of the party. I digress.
However, I am super thankful for the pictures of my family with the birthday girl, even if the quality is lacking.
Oh and if you are wondering about my amazing butterfly sweater. That was compliments of my sweet Grandma. I mean, how could I say no?!?!
The guests left with these goodie totes filled with butterfly glow wands {from the dollar store}, a butterfly craft, and butterfly nets. Not too mention they took home the crafts they made and the wings and wands.
I made the totes with iron on vinyl and my circuit. I had them adorably hanging up on a wall with a favor tag so the kids could choose their favorite when they exited. Sadly, there isn't a picture. I'm not bitter, right?!?
And it only seems fitting to end with these pictures...serious sweetness!
Thank you to everyone who helped to makes Maggie's day special. We are so thankful for GG the gardener, Grandma the artist, all of Maggie's darling friends, my Cricut, and Tracy at Sweet Peach Paperie, who as always nails it with her paper products. Have I ever mentioned I LOVE her?
Thanks for fluttering by to check out Maggie's party!













































No comments:
Post a Comment