Tuesday, February 24, 2015

A Real Snow Day, But Not Really

We finally got a real snow day around here.  After all the teasing with the weather reports and the days of missed school, it finally snowed.

The "not really" part is {get ready for it}...we STILL had school.  What?!?!  Call me crazy, but I'm still trying to figure what those people in the county office are drinking thinking.  Seriously, what is going on?

Poor Jack didn't even get a moment to enjoy it.  By the time his bus wheeled down the soaked roads this afternoon nearly all the snow had melted.  All that work of wearing jammies inside out, flushing ice cubes down the toilet, and snow dancing last night and the poor guy couldn't even be here to play in it.

Absolute unfairness, I proclaim. {and I think he would agree}  Maybe, just maybe, there will be another chance.

The little sisters, at least, got a few romps in the snow before the day was done.



Lucy most enjoyed her footprints in the snow.  So cute to watch her fascination with each little boot print.




And Mags most enjoyed the opportunity to wear her new pink cowgirl boots, because don't you know they double as snow boots.  Well, duh, of course!




I was loving me some snow princesses this morning.  I must say, all that pink was the perfect addition to the winter white morning.


This just in...school is closed tomorrow!  I'm not convinced it will snow again, BUT...a day off is a day off!  I just love having my trio home!  woo hoo


No comments: