Wednesday, February 11, 2015

Cookies With My Cupids

We've managed to hold on to our cookie baking holiday tradition even with karate, baseball practices, homework, and naps to contend with.  When I found an open afternoon, I seized the opportunity and gathered my little cupids up for a Valentine Cookie Party.

Love was indeed in the air...and, of course, the sweet sweet smell of sugar cookies!

The attendance in my kitchen went in a series of waves.  One was finishing homework, while one was rolling dough, and then one was waking up from a nap while the other was decorating and so on and so on.  We finally managed to come together on the last batch for a series of, what I'd like to call, "siblings and sprinkles"...like a lot of sprinkles.  There is really no better way to describe it.

I can usually count on my Mags to be there from the beginning to the end.  My right hand baker.  




And I can usually count on Jack to "miraculously" finish up, whatever he claimed to be working on, right about decorating time.  And in the most gluttonous manner consume several spoonfuls of icing.  Gag.



Lucy woke from her afternoon nap just in time.  The cookies were coming out the oven and there were at least two dozen waiting for Lucy's extra ordinary sprinkle dousing.  And trust me it is extra ordinary...my broom can vouch for it.





The best part was the final batch when Jack, Maggie, and Lucy were all together. {sigh}  I'd like to assume it was because they love me so dearly, but I believe it had something to do with the prospect of a cookie at completion.  Although, I don't see how that could have seemed appealing after they were practically licking sprinkles and icing off the counter every.single. chance. they. got.  Gag again.




My kitchen has never been sweeter {literally and figuratively}.  XOXO & Happy Valentine's Week!





No comments: