Saturday, February 14, 2015

Love Is A Circus

I often compare my day to day life as a 3 ring circus.  And, sadly, I'm not even exaggerating when I do so.  As you can imagine, when I saw the circus was coming to town, and on Valentine's Day of all days, I just knew we had to get a view from the other side.

So that's how us Cibula's spent Valentine's Day....at the Greatest Show on Earth.

But...not before the little's woke up to their "We Love..." doors and their Valentine goody boxes waiting for them at the breakfast table.

This door tradition of ours seems to get my eldest right in his soft spot.  I just love that.  As soon as February rolled around on the calendar, Jack's first words {with elated anticipation} were, "are we going to get our heart doors this month with the things you love about us?".  I'm not always sure what actually means something to them and when I do find out, I am nearly giddy.

Now, if I'm being honest, one door was harder to fill up than the rest here lately.  I'm not saying names just keeping it real folks.  It's not always easy around here...even in the month of LOVE.

So, here we go.

Lucy's door...



Maggie's door...



And Jack's door... {complete with the DO NOT ENTER sign and sadly it's an updated version from last year--ironically lovely, isn't it?}



So after doors, Valentine boxes, and heart shaped waffles, we were on our way to the Circus!  And this time, it wasn't ours.

We arrived with a nice thirty minutes before show time.  Each of the kids got to pick one treat before we grabbed our seats.  Jack went for the tiger snow cone.  And don't ask me what we will ever do with that giant cup that is now safe at home in my dishwasher.


Of course, without question, Maggie chose the pink plush elephant.  Because, you know, we just don't have enough stuffed animals as it is.



And somehow Lucy missed a solo shot with her prize, but she picked the spinning lights elephant wand.  Which, don't ask me why, but I feel was the most logical choice of all.



And just because she deserves a solo...


{cute little thing in that wanna-be tutu}

The show was great.  All three kids totally enjoyed it, whether Jack wants to admit it or not.  However, I was most surprised by Lucy's reaction.  I was expecting a bit of hesitation, maybe even a few "I'm scared" moments.  Not in the least.  That girl was on the edge of her seat, dancing along, clapping, and narrating the whole production.  Littlest Lu sure does make life fun.



A few highlights for all of us, most especially Maggie and me, were the Tiger/Lion tamer guy.  Woah...that is pretty amazing if you really think about it.



And, of course, the performing elephants.


We followed up our Valentine's evening with take out at home.  {no luck in the sitter department} Looking at the bright side-it was just more time to love on my own little circus.

Happy Valentine's Day!


No comments: