I had the honor of co-hosting Maggie's Pre-School Valentine Day Party. And let me tell you, it was an honor. Because guess what this little sack of sugar said was her best part of the day as I was putting her to bed tonight, "having Mommy at my school party".
Well, why don't you just make my day and melt my heart while you are at it. It sure feels good to be so loved most especially in this month of hearts, love, and everything perfectly pink {and red}.
Being in Maggie's classroom was certainly a treat, but co-hosting with one of my fave gals was an added bonus. Eliza Kate's mommy and I go way back. Like to the days of having our own classrooms. I adore working with her. She and I seem to be on the same page and have a plan that we can execute well together. I'm looking forward to doing it all over again come the End of the Year party {which we've already started brainstorming a bit}.
Today's party was a hit. We decorated the tables over the top with everything Valentines we could find. There was absolutely no mistaking the holiday.
We followed snack with a precious Hug Bug theme which included a book, a tune {the best part was watching Ek's mom lead in the song and dance}, and this fun love bug craft. If you can believe it, I pulled this old trusty out of my February box from teaching Kindergarten. {I cringe at the thought of purging my old teaching bins, although it would certainly free up some storage space around here}
Maggie jazzed hers up with a few stickers. It now, preciously, adorns our artwork bulletin board in the mudroom.
We even had enough time to enjoy a game of Bingo filled with several pictures of love bugs and hugs.
And speaking of hugs...check out this Valentine hug. The girls were so excited to be reunited after a lovely day of Valentine card exchanges and parties. I find myself in awe of how much these two adore one another. True love right there. Yum!
The girls and I returned home where they both tore into their Valentine loot. They had such a sweet time reading cards and checking out each other's goodies.
What a darling day of love and lots of hugs. Jack's turn tomorrow...his homemade Minecraft Valentine box is all packed up and ready to go!




No comments:
Post a Comment