In honor of Dr. Seuss's birthday, Jack's teacher has a funtastic week planned for her 1st graders. I was beyond excited when she asked the parents to join in. I'll take any chance I can get to step inside Jack's world.
I grabbed one of the 20 minute slots she offered for reading and an activity or snack. 20 minutes is hardly enough time in my opinion. So I had to whip up something fun, easy, fast, and of course, edible for those kiddos.
I'll be reading the kids the Cat In The Hat. Now, who doesn't love that book?
Because of the time constraint, this was about all I could come up with. The kids are going to skew up their own hat for their cat.
Fun and yummy, huh? I decided to forgo my original idea of bananas and trade them out for marshmallows. I was envisioning a smooshy mess. Not to mention I'm sure the kids will appreciate the added sweet.
I've got a load of 20 cats on sticks just waiting for hats.
I'm looking forward to a Seusstastic time. And an amazing week of dressing up for Jack{most especially Thursday}. I'll do my best to grab a few pictures along the way and hopefully share.
Happy Birthday Dr. Seuss!




No comments:
Post a Comment