Friday, March 20, 2015

Girls

I feel mighty blessed to have not only one, but, two girls.  Especially after I assumed my entire life that I was destined to be a boy mom.  Not that that would have been so bad.  I actually think I would have rather enjoyed it.  And it's no lie, it's exactly what I had always happily envisioned.

Needless to say, when both Maggie and Lucy were born, I pointedly questioned in the delivery room, "is it really a girl?" numerous times.  And as it turns, yes, they were both REALLY girls.

So here I am two and half years later with TWO girls!  What?!?!  And let me tell you they are a load of pink-alicious fun.  And that certainly doesn't take away from all the joy that Jack brings to my life.  I adore being a boy mom too and all that it entails.

However, Jack would never go get a mani and pedi with me or even think about hitting the theater to see Cinderella.  There are some things that are just made for girls.  And I do love that I've got two of them to enjoy it all with.

This week the girls and I made a very impromptu salon stop.  So impromptu that I didn't even have my camera for Lucy's 1st manicure and pedicure.  Shame on me!  That is a milestone worth lugging the camera out for.  Thankfully {unless you have skills like mine with a camera phone} the iPhone served as my back up.

Oh, I wish you could have been there.  Lucy was lapping up the attention and oohing and ahhing over her fingers and toes.  It was pure preciousness.

She must have had me look at her pretty painted self a bazillion times.  Too much fun.  And yes, this busy two year old sat through the entire process like a perfect client.




Are these chubby toes and fingers delicious or what?  So, she chose purple for her toes.



And pink for her fingers.  Just like Maggie's first time.





Of course, I had to grab a photo of Maggie, the seasoned mani and pedi princess.  So fun that our duo can now be a trio.  Welcome to the party Lucy!


Our girly fun did not end there this week.  We topped it off with a trip to the movies to see the new Cinderella.  And let me say, it was amazing!

I cried, I smiled, and then I cried some more.  The message of kindness was absolutely endearing and the story was beautifully told.  Disney has done it again.

As soon as I told the girls where we were off to there was no stopping the Cinderella dress brigade.  I actually grabbed one for Maggie at Target this week knowing our plans.  Lucy already had hers and I knew Maggie was not going to want to miss out on a chance to dress up.

And if you've already seen the movie, I'm sure you recognize "Ella's blue dress" that my sweet Magpie is modeling.  And if not, well here it is.  A bit of a tweak on the traditional version.

Maggie did the rest of the accessorizing for the girls.  Like the flowers in the hair and the sparkly tennis shoes glass slippers.




I resorted to the iPhone once we got to the theater.  But, I couldn't help gushing over my two princesses with boxes of popcorn nearly as big as they were.



And we made sure to go the local theatre with the good seats.  So comfy.  We all snuggled in and enjoyed the sweet movie.


The girls and I had a lot of fun this week.  Adore them!  Now it's time to put on my boy mom hat and enjoy some karate, baseball, and cub scouts this weekend.  

I've got the best of both worlds.  Lucky Momma!




No comments: