Sunday, March 29, 2015

Hippity Hoppity

Hippy Hoppity...Easter is on it's way.  If only the temperatures were a reflection of that.  Come on Spring!

Nothing to get us in the Easter spirit than our Annual Neighborhood Egg Hunt on this fine Palm Sunday.  What started as a totally frigid morning slowly turned into a lovely late afternoon.  Not as warm as I would hope, but manageable.  I'd say it was a score considering I didn't have to pull out the 4 plus fleeces I loaded up in the car {at the end of March mind you!}.

So here they are, Jack Maggie and Lucy, in all their egg hunting glory.

Oh, but I'd be remiss if I didn't at least give the "hair issues" their due credit.  Shall we start with Jack?  He got a haircut yesterday...clearly.  And Daddy took him.  I can assure you I vehemently requested the bangs not be touched.  We can all see how that turned out.

And the other "issue" {in the making} goes to my Maggie.  We are all about headbands here lately {and cowgirl boots...and tutus...and leotards...and skirts...and...anything that doesn't match, but is glittery}.  Needless to say, dressing debates are starting to rear their ugly heads.  Ugh!  But, back to the hair, headbands do not necessarily hold all the hair in place.  Especially when one said 5 year old likes to pull a piece out to drape across her face.  Lord help me.  This could be an interesting ride.

Happily, Lucy still wears a bow, and more importantly, a rubber band with a smile.  And she is just oodles of fun to dress and, of course, egg hunt with.





So now, with all that hair stuff addressed, off they go...




This little one stopped to tell me what color every egg was and who's favorite color that was.  I thought we might never get to 12.  And actually that would have been just fine with me.  Watching her was pure bliss.



We went from the slow pace of Lucy's under 3 age group to a mad dash at Maggie's 4-6 age group.  I was totally not expecting that.  While Maggie stopped to inspect the contents of eggs, her fellow hunters cleared the place out.

Being the easy going gal she is, it didn't bother her a bit.  Gotta love Magpie!  I'll take 3 of these please;)




Hair proof...right there.  I guarantee she pulled that strand out when I wasn't looking.



Jack was pretty much elated that he had graduated to the "up in the woods" group.  Add a group of friends from school and he was in egg hunting utopia.  Sadly, I didn't see much of him after this point.  He's growing up on me. {can I boo hoo and woo hoo at the same time?}




Post hunts, we enjoyed dinner at the club while the kiddos ran wild.  I couldn't help but gushing over these two sweet sisters playing together.  Best friends...


We've got two school Easter Egg hunts up this week and then before we know it Spring Break and Easter!  Yay!  Hippity Hoppity!




No comments: