Monday, March 16, 2015

A Weekend With Grammy

We always love it when our favorite Grammy makes a visit to see us.  The kid's were absolutely beside themselves with excitement.  And Grammy is always happy doing whatever our regular ol' weekend might entail.

This one was filled with an ice skating lesson, a birthday party, church and Jack's second baseball game.  Even with our mundane schedule, Grammy wore a smile and, as far as I could tell, enjoyed every minute of it.  Even the over tired fussing that seemed to ensue come Sunday night.

But, before that happened, she attended Maggie's Saturday morning ice skating lesson.  Which was borderline a catastrophe when Maggie's usual coach was absent.  Luckily one of Maggie's other favorites swooped in and grabbed her to save the day.  In the end Grammy got to witness Maggie shimming across the ice in all her glory.



She also got a view of what the playroom can look like on a Saturday afternoon with three kiddos home.  She even got in a little play time of her own.



And while Grammy and I hid on the steps, we were able to catch a couple sneak peeks of Maggie's "dance party" that must occur with all the lights off, the music blaring, and NO ONE watching.



By Sunday, I was bound and determined to snap a picture of Grammy and her grandchildren sans ice skating suits and baseball uniforms.  I adore this and hope it's one they will all cherish one day.



Post mass, Grammy headed to Jack's second baseball game of the season to cheer him on.  As much as I hated missing out, it was smack dab in the middle of the girl's nap time.  Normally, I would get a sitter, but with Grammy in town I knew Jack would feel well loved and I would get the play by play.

The girls and I soaked up the Sunday sunshine for a bit before they hit the hay.  Somehow shaving cream made it into the equation. {so much fun}



Thanks Grammy for another wonderful weekend!  We are looking forward to the next.  You are truly loved around here.


No comments: