are moments like this and....
*my family and friends--thank you all for the phone calls, emails, cards, flowers, and words of sympathy. You will never know what it has all meant to me. I truly have taken your advice and wisdom to heart.
*Jack--enough said
*Cosby--yes, my furry faithful friend. Somehow he just knows when I'm sad and in those cases he snuggles right up on me and beams his tender love. He hasn't let me down this past week. ( and yes, for those of you who know Cosby,...he DOES have tender love, even if it is only for me)
*rest--just when I'm at the point of physical and mental exhaustion, it always seems to be Jack's nap time--thank the Lord for an amazing sleeper.
*prayer & faith--I couldn't have made it this far without it.
*Desperate Housewives--On Sunday night, I can get lost in their problems and forget about my own...even if only for an hour.
*Chick-fil-a--I think I might be addicted. I've had a severe loss of appetite, but somehow I can ALWAYS eat chicken...yum!
*B 98.5--yes, that would be the Easy Listening radio station. I must admit that even before my tough time, I was a regular listener. Clay has sarcastically asked on more than one occasion, "how old are you?". I can't help it, it's just so, well, soothing.
* Being Outside--I realize it has been freezing around here and I do truly HATE cold weather, but something about the fresh air just seems to put me at ease. I think I'll always remember that about January from here on out. Especially when I'm counting down the days for it to be over.
*Talking--to myself, to Clay, to God, to you on this blog, it is all part of healing for me (and I'm getting there).
*Massage--I've solicited a couple from my husband in the last week, but I have a professional one scheduled for Wednesday. Ahhhh...I can't wait!
P.S. Excuse the HORRIBLE picture of me above. It seems that I have forgotten to care about my outside appearance, I've been working so hard on the inside. (And I have NO clue what is going on with that bang.) I just couldn't resist sharing that amazing group hug from Jack...it was just when I needed it the most...little boys are the best!

2 comments:
Your blog reminds me to always count our blessings, even in the toughest of times. Hang in there! Oh, and the family picture makes me smile- it's adorable
It's so good to hear from you! I hope you feel loved during this difficult time. Your family picture is just precious. Jack's chub cheeks are just snuggled right in with the fam...too cute!
Post a Comment