Thursday, January 22, 2009

Serious Salon Jack

I've waited for this day since Jack started getting his little sprouts of hair back in October. However, I never dreamed it would come this fast. It took us sooo long just to get those few golden locks, I was expecting the need for a haircut to take just as long. But, before my very eyes, Jack started growing a mullet and blonde sideburns in the past three months. What a lucky Momma I am! I told Jack all about the BIG HAIRCUT on Sunday night and then again Monday morning and how exciting it was going to be...'you're getting a big boy haircut'. It didn't phase him a bit. I thought his attitude about the big "First" would change when we arrived at Pigtails and Crewcuts...still nothing. I mean come on kiddo, this is a BIG deal. Apparently the first haircut is only a big deal for a first time Mommy. With camera in hand I took, oh, I'd say about 30 pictures of the event. Do you think I got so much as a smile?..no such luck. Jack sat there as still as a statue ( and that is no exaggeration) with the most pensive look on his face. I'm telling you the tot did not move. And when the trimming was complete, he ran right over to the train table in the waiting area, smiled and jabbered on to the fellow customers. Okay, so the BIG HAIRCUT was not his favorite activity, but wow, did he look handsome even if he was playing the role of "Serious Salon Jack".

The before picture...note the sideburns growing OVER the ear. And I swear he was getting a mullet too. It seems to be much more prevalent when he is sporting a turtle neck (which we have done often this frigid winter).

Jack chose the red fire truck after much serious debate.

See you later sideburns!

Serious Salon Jack at his best! He did not even change his facial expression when the clippers came out. I was expecting at least a whimper... but, nothing!

Okay, so I lied, he did move ONCE... and that was only because we told him to put his head down to clip the neck area. However, he froze in that position until well after it was over. We had to let him know, "its okay to look up now buddy".

TA DA! Doesn't he look handsome? Once the robot cape came off, Jack was ready to make his grand exit back to the train table.




2 comments:

The Campbells said...

I love it! What a handsome little boy and serious too.

The Fokens Family said...

I'm so glad he was well behaved..Serious is better than crying!!
Miller would not cooperate last hair cut:(
Cute pics of your well groomed little man!