And here I go again, taking advantage of a captive audience and I know you've got to be tired of reading about this and, trust me, I'm tired of writing about it. But, unfortunately, it is my "normal" right now. All I can hope for is that Week Three will be more of the real me and the me that I'm learning to be from this situation. Until then, I'll continue to do what I do to get me through...lots of praying and loving my sweet baby Jack and my wonderful husband. Hopefully this will be the last time that I need to 'talk' on the blog. And if not, well, we'll just cross that bridge when we get there. One day at a time, right?
And on a happier note, we REALLY did have some good times this week. Jack makes me smile all the time with his new phrases and signs of affection. Have I ever mentioned that I LOVE that baby boy? Our week was full of laughs, friends and fun--that part of the week was great! But, Thursday was the REALLY great day for Jack. He was absolutely star struck when he got the opportunity to meet his favorite Sesame Street character, Elmo, at a local toy store. (Thanks Erin for giving us the info on Elmo's appearance) Upon his initial meeting, Jack gave Elmo a little one finger touch as if to say, "is that really you?". That was followed by a stare down from about 5 steps away, and then finally a real hug for his furry friend. Of course, I had given up on the hug by this point and put the camera away. However, the visit was worth every minute and Jack loved telling Daddy about it at the dinner table that night. I've even been stalking the Sesame Street Live website looking for a show to come to town. Please let us be the first to know if you hear of one! For the meantime that experience was 'just perfect' in Jack's eyes. And these days it makes me happy just knowing Jack is happy...thank God for these moments!

1 comment:
I'm here for you. It will get better, just live in the moment and realize how much you are loved. Please call me if you need a friendly ear. Plus don't worry about overusing a captive audience. Most of us have been there and you are eloquently descibing the situation. Take Care!
Post a Comment