
Everyday can't be perfect or there wouldn't be such thing as a perfect day. Today was one of those days..not so perfect. I couldn't pin point what was wrong with Jack. He just wasn't happy. He woke up earlier than usual, he had a runny nose, he was sneezing, he was rubbing his eyes, he was drooling but, luckily, no fever. So I narrowed it down to... he was overtired or he is teething or he is getting a cold or he has allergies or all of the above or WHO KNOWS...it could be anything! It was one of those guessing games you play as a mother. There is just no way to know exactly what the source of discomfort is. Or maybe there is no
discomfort, maybe he just didn't feel like being happy today. There I go again, playing the guessing game. Now, don't get me wrong , the whole day wasn't terrible. Jack had his moments where he mustered a smile and a giggle. Like his afternoon feeding, just not his morning feeding. And the first 25 minutes of swim class, just not the last 20. And his nightly bath, just not getting dressed afterwards. It's days like this that really make you appreciate the good/easier ones. When I didn't know what to do anymore, I got some really good advice from a friend this afternoon. She said that when her baby has one of "those days" she calls her Mom. And in a calm, sort
of Motherly way, her Mom says, "you just have to hold him and love him a lot today". How
simple and obvious does that sound? So, I took her advice and I spent the rest of the day loving and holding Jack. When it got harder than it may sound, Clay took over for a while. It wasn't a magic cure, but it felt really nice. I think Jack appreciated it too. Tonight after his bath and bottle, Jack fell asleep in my arms before I could even get him to his crib (he never does that). So, I couldn't help but hold him in my arms for a little longer and love him for a little longer before putting him down. I hope tomorrow is better, but, if not, I've got some very good advice to get me through...Moms know everything.
2 comments:
oh no...i didn't know Jack was sick too! it doesn't sound like what Nate has so I will say a little prayer that is the case! i hope the little guy has a better day tomorrow...
Sorry Jack is not feeling well. Evan has the same thing this week. I love the pumpkin pics. See ya in a few weeks
Post a Comment