
Oh! What fun! Today Jack and I started a 6 week mommy and baby swim aerobics class. We will be going every Tuesday afternoon through the month of November. Thank goodness it's an indoor heated pool. Jack had to wear two different types of swim diapers and a bathing suit...rules of the pool...I suppose for a good reason! He also had to sit in a locker in

the ladies bathroom while Mommy prepared his swim attire. It's not easy getting that many layers of clothes together and having a baby in your arms. Jack got the opportunity to practice patience and he did very well. Or, maybe he just thought it was fun to sit in a locker, who knows? Jack and I are very lucky to have some friends joining us for swim class...Jack's old Gymboree buddy, Miller and his Mommy. And Meg, an older lady in Jack's life, and her Mommy. Each baby reacted to pool time in their own unique way. Miller squealed with delight as it echoed through the building. Meg used baby sign language to tell us "all done" before class was actaully done. And Jack, well, he just soaked in the sounds and sights of all the baby swimmers with an intense stare and occasional smile. Like I've sa

id before, sometimes I wonder if he even remembers who he came with! Regardless, it sure was nice to get some much needed exercise. There was a lot of upper body toning with baby in hand. Jack was in and out of the water as he was used as my dumbbell. He was smiling and giggling with each splash back into the pool. Next, we did lower body work, which is what I REALLY signed up for. During this portion, the babies were floating nearby in yellow rafts...what a life! I even got to use "floating Jack" as a kick board to maneuver from one end of the pool to t

he other. He loved watching Mommy work. As soon as we got home, Jack was ready for a late afternoon nap. He slept so long and hard that Daddy had to finally go and wake him up. Funny, he wasn't even the one working out...what's wrong with this picture? Looking back, it sure did feel different exercising in the water...Jack was almost weightless and I didn't even break a sweat. I'm sure the truth will be revealed tomorrow when I wake up with sore muscles. (Speaking of muscles, check out Jack's 5 month album to see more pictures of him in his swim trunks!)
3 comments:
You're SO good with your words...I LOVE your descriptive language Ms. teacher...really it's fun to read!
E
How fun is that? Swim aerobics. Jack looked adorable.
That looks like so much fun! I love the pic of Jack in the locker!
Post a Comment