A Happy Haunted Halloween to you and yours from our costumed trio. I'm embarrassed to admit it, but it's another year of store bought costumes.
Oh, the shame! That darn junk mail with all of the catalogs sucked my kids in. I have to admit, I hardly argued this year with all the wedding hoopla {which I am more than certain you are tired of hearing about}. So here they are...
...a butterfly, Steve from Minecraft, and a "fairy princess" {please don't mistake Lucy for a butterfly, she just might be mortified}
Surely you see the Fairy Princess resemblance here...just look at that, "I am going to cast a blissful spell on you" look.
However, Lucy can't stay in character for too long. Her inner self always shines through. Love this spicy girl!
Clearly, Maggie is a butterfly. A beautiful one who accessorized herself down to the tights, flower headband, and "arm warmers". Maggie has got the sweetest butterfly obsession going on here lately. I'm really digging that this will double as her birthday party attire next weekend.
Love this sugary girl!
And Jack, yes that is him under that giant box head, went as his favorite Minecraft character. Please trust me that we did indeed shop for his "costume". We had to have the EXACT right color shirt and pants. He was more than adamant and helped the whole process through.
As I'm sure you can imagine, that head lasted a whole 15 minutes {and I'm probably being extremely generous}. Come trick-or treat time he just looked like a regular kid who was too cool to dress up. Which, ironically, almost happened until I reminded him he was 8 not 18!
We started our late afternoon party hopping. We literally live on the best Halloween street. Several of our neighbors hosted pre get togethers and then everyone proceeded to fill up the lane. It was a street party in every essence. Such a great time!
We continued on with our new Halloween tradition...the girls make it to the stop sign at the end of the lane and then back {barely}, Jack and Daddy hit the entire hood with the big boys, and the girls and I return to pass out candy. We have found this Halloween Night recipe to be absolutely divine.
The best part is when Jack and his buddies stop at our house for treats. Adore these big kids!
I even got a surprise treat myself. The previous owners of our house stopped by for sweets. It was amazing and such a surprise. I happily gave them a tour. They were so gracious and loved seeing all we had done to the house. It has changed so much they hardly recognized some rooms. My favorite Halloween treat of the evening!
Hope your Halloween was full of treats too! Goodbye October, what I believe is one of the busiest months of the year, and hello November!
Off to take down our spooky decor and give our home a Fall makeover.












No comments:
Post a Comment