October. 17. 2015....the day my "little Jon" married his dream girl. I'm pretty sure I will never forget this day for as long as I live. If you know anything about me, you know how much I adore Jon. He means the world to me. And as happy as I am for him, in some mysterious sort of way, it is as equally hard to let go of him.
What lessens the blow is that I have found myself more enchanted with his bride than I ever could have imagined. She is kind {truly}, beautiful, gentle, caring, and a happy soul. I couldn't have picked out a more perfect bride for my Jon. God surely answered my prayers.
With that being said, he we are at the wedding of Jon and Bailee. The start of many great years and memories ahead....
So the kids and I arrived to the wedding venue just in time for pictures. My girls were flat worn out {I mean weren't we all?} from the night before. I napped both of them and it nearly killed me to have to wake them from their beauty sleep. Needless to say, we missed the fun getting ready part, and hit the sand with the wedding party & photographer.
Jack and the groomsmen hung out in their "getting ready" room. Pictures for them were later. I had to enlist the babysitting skills of one of my male cousins as I parted ways with Jack. Please..."don't let him hear any cuss words" or "let him see the guys get too crazy" or "taste/smell/look at any alcohol".
And with that, I crossed my fingers and took the girls out to the beach for pictures.
Both Maggie and Lucy nearly dropped their jaws when they saw Aunt Bailee. She was literally stunning and was wearing the most beautiful smile to match.
My girls were in an utopia with all these big girl beauties surrounding them. The bridesmaids were simply gorgeous and so absolutely lovely to my girls.
After pictures, I was able to snag Jack up for a few pictures. {spoiler alert} I thought for sure I could use one of these for Christmas cards this year. I'm not so sure I lucked out.
Before the ceremony, I was elated to see the groom and all the guys hanging in the reception area. I was able to wish my little Jon luck {he was so nervous} and get a little love from him before he was officially a married man. What?!?!
I refused to take my sunglasses off. I had my makeup done {not sure I will ever do that again} and was waiting for Clay to arrive with my personal makeup bag to fix it. Not to mention every photo had to be from the waist up. Totally forgot my heels in the mad dash and was sporting a pair of flip flops.
Ahhh...wedding craziness!
Come ceremony time, I snagged a front row seat, put on my longest zoom lens and prepared as best as I could. I just knew I was going to lose it.
Here comes the groom...
And shortly following...this precious little crew of the bridal party. Oh my, melt my heart.
My kids performed just as expected. Maggie was bashfully beautiful but pushed through.
Lucy lapped up all the attention and looked as equally stunning.
And Jack raced down the aisle in hopes it would speed up the ceremony, so he could get his button up shirt and bow tie off....ASAP.
The kids watched the ceremony while standing with the wedding party. We weren't sure if they would end up sitting with me or not. But, they made it!
Lucy just about squealed with delight when Bailee came down the aisle.
The ceremony was beautiful {and extremely windy}. Yes, I cried, and yes, the rest of my row cried, and yes, I'm pretty the bride and groom did too.
Post nuptials, I tried one last time for a picture of my threesome. All I asked for is three smiles and three sets of eyes.
Hardly any luck. Please don't judge our Christmas cards this year. There is no way I'm squeezing in a professional photo session after our entire October has pretty much been sabotaged.
The family shots were even worse. I mean seriously, the wind?!?! Oh, and lest I mention, I still hadn't got a hold of my own makeup yet.
I called it a day and happily made my way into the reception. It was time to celebrate!
We welcomed Mr. & Mrs. Dumbacher and then danced the night away. Lucy was in the center of it all. That girl was busting out some moves.
An amazing evening with family and friends celebrating a beautiful couple. Welcome to the family Bailee! We love you Jon and always will! xoxo
With that behind us we are on to the rest of the October madness...


































No comments:
Post a Comment