Monday, October 26, 2015

T.S. 1989

We've got Swifties in the house!

Okay, so I've been a huge fan of Taylor's since her first song came on the radio eons ago.  Tim McGraw was the title, for all of you non-country music loving folks.  I've always loved her music, loved what she stood for and have been so bummed to be her only fan living under my roof.

Until recently.

Rewind about a year ago, Maggie stumbled across some of my old T Swift CDs.  Maggie was enamored with the "pretty girl" on the cover and asked to listen to her music. I obliged knowing the message Taylor sends to young girls is priceless.  Not to mention one of the songs had always reminded me of Maggie...Never Grow Up.

From that moment on, Maggie didn't turn back.  An immediate Taylor Swift fan was born! It blares in her room, she sings every lyric, its on repeat in the car {all 5 cds}, she puts on an endless amount of Taylor concerts in the playroom, she's got a Taylor costume, and has managed to turn her little sis into a Swiftie too!

Finally someone to share my Taylor obsession with!

You can imagine how excited we both were to hear Taylor was coming to town with her 1989 World Tour.  Mags and I made it a total Mother/Daughter date night with a hotel downtown and a whole evening of T Swift.

We were both beside ourselves...WE ARE GOING TO SEE TAYLOR!

How amazing is this ensemble?...chosen especially for Taylor Swift.  I just adore my fashionista.  We spent some girly time getting ready in our hotel room.  So fun!



We then Ubered down to the Dome.  Maggie requested "selfies"....where does she hear this stuff?  I swear it's not from her camera phone illiterate mommy.



We made it just in time to catch Taylor's opening act, Vance Joy, who was fantastic.  The crowd went nuts over Riptide.

Then it was time for T.S.!

I could list about a bazillion things that are amazing about Taylor's performance.  But what I found incredible was that she gives every person in the audience a glow bracelet that syncs to her show.  It literally flashes to the beat of the music and changes colors for songs.  It was fascinating to look out across the crowd and see the all the lights simulatanously blinking.

I was also thrilled that she played about three or four of her old songs {which are still my fave}.



I can't deny, our seats were pretty high up {boo!} and Maggie did indeed fall asleep for one song.  This was a reeeeaaaallly late night for my sweet girl.  But every time I thought we may just need to scoot out of there a bit early, Maggie would say, "wait!, after this song..." and so, somehow, we made it until the end of the concert.




After an absolutely amazing show...no one does it like Taylor, we departed with a bag full of loot.  A tee for Maggie, a tee for Lucy, a keychain for Maggie's backpack, a glow stick, and a Taylor Swift book.

We were both exhausted as you can clearly see in Maggie's eyes.


When we got back to the hotel, I tucked Maggie in to bed and right before she dozed off, she said in the sweetest girly voice, "I can't believe Taylor is real".  And just like that she was sound asleep.

Such sweetness!  I'm so lucky that I got to share that evening with my first baby girl.  Just pinch me...girls are so fun!

Thanks for a great night Taylor!  From two of  your biggest fans!




No comments: