So we grabbed our supplies and got to work right on the {clean} kitchen floor.
And speaking of floor, please excuse my gosh awful yellowish hardwoods. Its something I vow to have redone...one day...when I can muster up the nerve to move everybody and everything out....like I said, one day.
And lest you think we left our live-wire baby sister out, please note we assembled 12 bags for her classmates as well.
We filled each bag with Chex Mix and M&Ms {Thanksgiving treats are hard to come by-we had to get a little creative}. We then added these cute little bag toppers we downloaded off the internet. Jack and Mags did the filling while I did the stapling.
Jack was more than happy to be finished. It seems my holiday projects are losing there flair for my big kid. This may be the last year for him {boo hoo}. But, thankfully we've got Lucy to fill his shoes.
And honestly, I can't imagine Maggie ever getting tired of this kind of stuff. I've decided she will NEVER be a difficult young adult...just my baby girl...forever...right?
We grabbed a few bags of Pumpkin Spice Coffee at Target for the teachers. They were running a nice little special on them for the season. And who wouldn't love a warm cup of this over the Thanksgiving break?
And I'm completely aware that this is totally unnecessary, but I must note, I was a classroom teacher myself back in the day. And how wonderful it was to feel appreciated even in the tiniest of ways. I have a soft spot for teachers {especially the good ones}.
We are so thankful for our teachers and friends this season. Wishing them all a very Happy Thanksgiving!
Only 2 more days until our turkey break...woo hoo!



No comments:
Post a Comment