Saturday, November 15, 2014

Skating Sisters

We've ventured out into our newest endeavor around here...Ice Skating Lessons.  It was all Maggie's idea.  I'm thinking a recent Frozen obsession might have spawned the thought.  Whatever it was we just so happen to have a rink nearby and it offers lessons.

Before I knew it we were signed up and out on the ice.

I wasn't expecting much.  My darling Mags is often slow to warm up to new experiences and considering it was FREEZING in that place, I had my expectations set really low.  But, what would it hurt to try?

Maggie did great.  She was timid but more than determined to see the lesson through.  I stood right by, freezing my tail off, and shouted {probably} way too many words of encouragement.  An hour lesson on the ice is a long time.

Maggie exceeded my expectations and left the ice confident that she did, indeed, want to sign up for the entire session and she would be wearing a tutu or dress for all future lessons.  Because, duh, isn't that what all ice skaters do?

What threw me for a total loop was little sister.  Lucy tried to cheer her big sister on, but all she could seem to relentlessly muster up was, "me try ice skating too".  As I was deflating all sense of hope she may have had, one of the coaches stepped up, grabbed Lu, threw a pair of skates on her and took her out onto the ice.

Um...wait a minute...she's only two!

I can hardly believe it myself, but my two year old is actually joining her big sister for ice skating lessons.  Who would have thought?

And just like that we have skating sisters or as Maggie would reference, "just like Elsa and Anna".








What a way to welcome in the upcoming winter chill.  Brrr...I'm chilled to the bone just looking at these pictures, but aren't they cute?!?!


No comments: