We are making some serious headway on our summer lists. Good thing too because summer vacation is nearly half over. Ugh...I can hardly believe it! And more importantly can hardly stand the thought of sending this trio off to school. Yes, the trio. All three will be going in the Fall.
But before I start sobbing, shall we focus on our summer fun? So, we ended June with a zoo visit. Lucy was definitely making progress in the feeling better department, but I'd have to guess she wasn't 100%. There were still quite a few "hooolllddd meeee"s going on.
And unbeknownst to me, I was coming down with her "can't get an antibiotic" virus too. Needless to say, it wasn't exactly our happiest day at the zoo. But fun, and deserving, none the less.
Lucy discovered these "stick your head in" wooden signs at the zoo. And she seriously could not get enough of them. She had me rolling down the zoo pathway with laughter. She was way too cute and willing to duke out her big brother or sister if they got in her way.
And might you be wondering why our littlest Lu came down with a virus in the dead of summer...this might explain it.
It seems when the going gets tough in our family, this one gets angelic. And that is just why she is my little sunshine.
After a weekend of fighting a flu symptom virus {yuck} we were graced with a last minute visit from our Cibula cousins.
In case you haven't gotten the message, my kids are Obsessed {with a capital O}, with their big cousins. Last minute...planned two years in advance...whatever...my kiddos will take it anytime. And with a giant smile plastered across their faces.
The cousins wanted to visit the Fernbank. It happened to be on Jack's summer list so we happily obliged to a switch-a-roo on our calendar. Certainly having Whit and Larkin made it super enjoyable, but sometimes I have to wonder...now why is this on Jack's summer list? Honestly I find parts of it to be snoozeville.
Now, I must admit the Nature Quest upstairs is great fun. Lots of hands on and climb on for the littles.
And Lucy was once again smitten with the "stick your head in" wooden signs.
The current exhibit was whale related. The skeletons and what not were fascinating, but challenging to actually "learn" about with these wild ones. However, they were totally digging this photo op where they acted out a bit of "whale watching". I'm thinking Lucy was getting in the act.
The rest of the visit from the cousins were the basics. Like squeezing Dawn dish soap all over the trampoline and spraying it down with the hose. Doesn't everyone do that when they have family in town?
Jack was beside himself with excitement over this newest activity. And luckily came out unscathed.
I even found myself kidless during their visit. Seriously, that never happens. Many times, Maggie and Lucy would be hanging with Larkin and Jack with Whit. I was dumbfounded and at a complete loss as to what to do with myself.
But, all good things must come to an end. And so they did. We sadly waved goodbye to the cousins and then I put my littles to bed very early. They have a lot of catching up to do in the zzzz's department.
And when that finally happens...we will be on to our next summer adventure.












No comments:
Post a Comment