The girls were ecstatic to find Grammy in their living room when they woke from naps on Friday afternoon. Lucy was bit shy but warmed up in no time flat. As a matter of fact, Grammy's lap is generally where you could find Lu throughout the weekend.
Before Maggie could even get a greeting in she was ready to shower Grammy with birthday presents. We did a bit of an early impromptu birthday celebration followed by dinner.
Is it obvious that Lucy went birthday card shopping with me?
I'm pretty sure Grammy loved her Stella and Dot jewelry and travel case. One of my new faves in their summer line. {I was lucky enough to get one for my birthday too from my sweet Mom.}
We spent Saturday at the Aquarium {which I don't ever recommend doing}. I knew better, but it was on the kid's summer lists and Grammy was in town, so we gave it a shot. We were doing fine until about lunch time when the droves of crowds took over every square inch of the place. I mean it had to be to fire hazard at that point. Grammy was a trooper as always, the kids had a grand time, and I was slowly suffocating.
This was Lucy's very first visit to the Aquarium. I could not get enough of her mesmerizing eyes and joyous squeals. Every first with her is beyond precious and totally picture worthy.
Because this was a special occasion, with a special guest after all, the kid's managed to walk out of their hometown Aquarium with a souvenir. I generally like to save the whole souvenir thing for actual vacations. How was I to say no though, it's not every day that Grammy is with us.
As you can imagine, both girls gravitated to every pink stuffed aquatic creature they could find. In the end these Seahorses won out. Maggie named hers Pearl and Lucy named hers Dora. They've been on every car ride and in their beds ever since. Lucky me.
And after diligent searching for just the right
The rest of the weekend was spent cozying up to Grammy with books, playing games, eating out a lot, and doing our best to avoid crowds.
Grammy gave Clay and I the greatest gift of all-a night out to see a movie. The kids stayed in for a movie night of their own and we headed to the theatre to see Begin Again. Great movie by the way. Absolutely adored it and I'm pretty picky. I'm sure my addiction to buttery movie theater popcorn didn't hurt the cause.
This morning we said our hurried goodbyes as Grammy was rushed out to the airport. I imagine she enjoyed a restful flight home as our party of five can wear anyone out. Trust me.
Thanks for a lovely weekend Grammy! We adore you! Come back soon {after you get a good nap}.







1 comment:
Grammy had the best time of all with her beautiful, sweet family.
Post a Comment