Okay, so here is how it works...
Basically you receive a box in the mail once a month that is filled with theme related science experiments and activities for kids. Not knowing exactly what to expect, I signed up for two months to get us through the summer.
When we received the first box it exceeded all my expectations. I'm thinking the assembler may share my same Type A brain. And you know that's a score for me. Not to mention the kids are having a blast with it.
All the contents are packaged in this conveniently sized box which we have held on to. When the kids are finished we just store the materials back in the box and put it away in a drawer.
The theme cards were located right on top when we opened our package. We were elated to see not only one card, but two! Each monthly theme is a surprise. This box contained Intro to Engineering {someone HAD to have known Jack lived here} and Green Science.
But what I find to be the best part. Every material needed is located in the box, individually wrapped, and labeled. I mean down to the tape for goodness sake. I was drooling over the labeled packages...brilliant! Not to mention you don't have to run to the store for all those pinterest ideas and pick up materials that you will never use again or only need a couple of.
Each theme has it's own guide card with step by step directions including pictures for each activity. Jack could easily follow the steps on his own and Maggie was able to do so with guidance.
I have loved finding something that both of my kids can enjoy together. That's not always easy with a tutu wearing princess and a Lego maniac. As much as I loved the packaging, I may need to recant my earlier statement. This may actually be the best part...
The bigs spent a fair amount of quality time {working together!} this afternoon creating the catapult launcher.
Once it was completed, I even joined in the fun with a pom pom ball catapult contest. Note the blue pom pom flying past Jack's face.
We could hardly believe it when sweet Mags won three in a row.
In an effort to savor the joy, I've tried to limit them to two activities a day. It's nearly impossible with Jack. He can't wait to get his hands in the box every afternoon.
I swear I don't own stock in the company, but this has been so fun and educational. And it's it seems to be great for a wide range of ages. I just had to share!
I'm thinking, in addition to summer fulfillment, a subscription to this would be a fabulous kiddo birthday present.



No comments:
Post a Comment